1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are there any evangelical Christians out there?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by janb, Feb 16, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. janb

janb Thread Starter

I would love to here from you. I have been a Christian for may years. :D

Yours

Jan

2. jaye944

jaye944

3. janb

janb Thread Starter

Thanks, we have a great God, who protects us.

Yours

Jan

4. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

janb proud to meet you and welcome to TSG

5. BLUE66

BLUE66

6. jaye944

jaye944

“ For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ”- Romans 8:38,39

7. janb

janb Thread Starter

Thanks for the verse of scripture.

Yours

Jan

8. jaye944

jaye944

I'm interested in your view of "evangelical" Christian...

Being brought up in a Presbytarian familly. About 5 years ago, my familly became born again. (me I'm just trying my best at the moment)

but I've been going to a "free" denomiational church, which is akin to Pentecostal (or so I'm told).

One thing that I love doing and listening to is Gospel. I'm not too much into this "new" praise type songs. maybe a couple of exceptions (Shout to the Lord, and a couple of others) what really rocks my world is original gospel tunes, "How great thou art", "Amazing grace", "Just a closer walk with thee".

I can totally get lost and loose myself in singing that stuff. More recently I've been soloing, at this church that I goto. Nothing like it.

Anyway, I digress, I'm interested in looking into other types of worship, I've never been for example to a babtist meeting.. Although I suppose the upbringing of being a presbytarian, services are pretty much, ordered, more solemn, and traditional hyms.

I suppose thats why I dont feel 100% comfortable at my present church as it is very spirit filled, though after about 9 months I've really got into the swing of things. Sometimes I thing I'd love to let loose, but just dont/cant. The only way I feel free is by singing.

So... is evangalism... the same kinda thing that I'm talking about, or what your talking about ?

For example, what do you class yourself as ? The one I goto is called Living Waters, part of the four square church, which has it's roots in America. There on the web as well.

ok, speak later

J

9. janb

janb Thread Starter

I went to a foursquare Church when I was in the States.

I am Born again. That to me is Evangelical. Yes you are rright, it means Evangilism.

I was brought up as a Methodist, but I go were ever the gosple is preached.

I like those Hymns as well.

I go go a Church of England at the moment, because they preach the gosple, and they are filled with the Spirit. :)

Yours

Jan

10. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    IMO there are two reasons for this.
    1 - It is because a person can actually harmonize with the singers and to a tempo that is easy to sing along with.
    2 - You were probably raised with the "old style" religious music and because of that are very familiar with it.

In my case I am in no way shape or form a believer any longer BUT I was raised in a very religious household. My father spent a few years in Bible School and many in a gospel quartet. I was about 11 when he quit ( moved out of province ) but I do remember all the traveling he did. I especially remember how good they were ( have a scratchy old record they made ) and how much I loved that music. Over the years I played the drums in various local type rock bands so my love of music is quite solid and here's the kicker. Old time gospel music is still on the top of my favorite list for the 2 reasons I stated above, and let me tell you that I do love to sing.

11. poochee

poochee

jaye944, I am changing from Methodist to Baptist. The church I go to appeals to all ages of people. We have a variety of music, to appeal to all ages and tastes. Most people wear casual attire. Within a given religion, you will find variations. Some are more solemn than others. I want a church where the Pastor teaches directly from the Bible. Some get involved with politics, etc. My Pastor sticks with the work of God, and as appropriate tells a good joke. I believe the Southern Baptists may operate differently. One thing about being a Protestant is you can easily move to another religion. (y)

12. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

i hang out at quite a few forums another great one i hang at is in my siggy

13. poochee

poochee

Hi, thanks for the site. God Bless! :)

14. poochee

poochee

Just joined Christian Forum. Will explore it tomorrow. Byeee

15. janb

janb Thread Starter

I was brought up with the traditional service's, but I like the lively services and gosple music as well.

Yours

Jan :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice