1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are there any Tennis fans out there

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by janb, Feb 5, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. janb

janb Thread Starter

Has anyone been to a tennis match? The only one I have seen was at Nottingham. What chance do any of our tennis players have of making it to the top, who is going to take over from Tim Henman? :D

Yours

Jan

2. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello Jan,

I enjoy watching the big matches on TV. A friend at college was a good amateur player and she gave me a lesson, once. She said I'd have been good at the game but I couldn't afford lessons or the equipment at the time.

Are there any youngsters coming up who could take over from Tim? I don't know.

What's the name of the magazine you take about tennis? "Tennis", I expect. :D

Bye,
    Penny. :)

3. janb

janb Thread Starter

Thanks for the e-mail Penny, I have the Ace magazine.

I am sorry you did'nt take tennis up, you could have played for Wiltshire. I played at school

I hope we will have a tennis champion one day. :)

Bye

Jan

4. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello Jan.

Thanks for letting me know about the magazine. I hadn't heard of that one.

I met a lady in her 60's when out walking the other day who plays tennis for Wiltshire "Seniors". That's not what the team is called but I can't think of the right name at the moment.

Frank's (myfranca) wife, Carole, is a great tennis fan - not sure who she would "root" before, being English and now resident in Canada.

The Super Bowl was shown live on TV last night but every time I turned over to watch some of it the players were having a rest and a chat, huddled together!

Do you every watch Squash on TV? There's a fast moving, demanding game for you! Makes me tired just watching.

Bye,

5. franca

franca

Hi Jan,

Yes we have been to a few tennis matches :)

We saw Patrick Mcenroe play in Hawaii , we also saw Boris Becker play in the Winnipeg Area (y)

Carole is a big fan of Agassi :)

We wathched all the matches we could from the Australian open, saw some fantastic tennis (y)

cu Frank. ;)

6. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello Frank.

I've watched Agassi play since he was a lad! How lucky to see McEnroe and Becker play. My favourite player was the "Ice Man", Borg. Still have vivid memories of him playing incredible tennis from the back line of the court at Wimbledon.

Soon be Wimbledon and strawberry and cream time - and, of course, time for rain.

Bye,

7. janb

janb Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your messages, it's nice to know there are some tennis fans out there. :D

Bye

Jan

8. Tuppence2

Tuppence2

Hello Jan.

Yes. I think a lot of people follow tennis. Amazing how we can see games "out of season" for us - from all over the world.

Who do you think will take over from Tim?

Hope you're having a good day.

Bye,

9. janb

janb Thread Starter

Dear Penny

I don't know who will take over from Tim, they say that there is one who could, John Murry, but the training for these kids is not very good for the English. (n)

Yours

Janet

10. franca

franca

Your welcome Jan......... :)

Looking forward to more great tennis in the near future...... (y)

Have a nice day :cool:

cu Frank. :)

11. franca

franca

Hi Penny,......... Yes I remember Borg well, do you remember him trying to make a comeback with his old wooden racket ???

The poor guy didn't know what hit him with all the new young up and coming super stars, and there new modern fancy rackets, I felt really sorry for him :(

Cu later, take care,
    Frank. :)

12. janb

janb Thread Starter

Same here Frank, I am hoping it won't be too long before we have an English Champion.

Yours

Jan :D :) :cool:

13. janb

janb Thread Starter

Same here franca :cool:

I hope we do see some great tennis in the future. (y)

We hope to raise an English Champion one day. :D

Have a nice day franca ;)

Jan :D

14. ashes@work

[email protected]

First Name:
    Ashley
    Im a huge Tennis fan :)

15. moonmist

moonmist

Marat Safin ........... Andy Roddick.........mMMMMmmmm yeah......I like tennis!! :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice