Are there any Tennis fans out there

Hello,

I asked Jan to change the title but she didn't know how. Thanks very much.

So much of many sports is reflex action. That must be how the ball is hit as such speed.

Here's the link to the 124 miles per hour hit.

http://wings.avkids.com/Curriculums/Tennis/ballspeed_howto.html

and a quote from the article:

"Sample data from a match at the Sybase Open, 1997: Pete Sampras serving to Alex Radelescu 0.367 seconds from serve to bounce, 0.233 seconds from bounce to Radelescu's racket. The serve was at the baseline, the bounce was very close to the far service line, and the return hit was at the far baseline. Radar gun recorded a speed of 124 mph."

Bye,
Penny.

janb

Thanks Penny for that. I hope you are enjoying this site. :)

Bye for now :D

Jan ;)

Tuppence2 said:
Hello,

I asked Jan to change the title but she didn't know how. Thanks very much.

So much of many sports is reflex action. That must be how the ball is hit as such speed.

Here's the link to the 124 miles per hour hit.

http://wings.avkids.com/Curriculums/Tennis/ballspeed_howto.html

and a quote from the article:

"Sample data from a match at the Sybase Open, 1997: Pete Sampras serving to Alex Radelescu 0.367 seconds from serve to bounce, 0.233 seconds from bounce to Radelescu's racket. The serve was at the baseline, the bounce was very close to the far service line, and the return hit was at the far baseline. Radar gun recorded a speed of 124 mph."

Bye,
Penny.

Hello Jan.

I am, very much, thanks. Your thread is good. I enjoyed viewing the link about the service speeds.

When is there tennis on TV next? Do you get schedules in your tennis magazines?

Bye,
Penny. :)

Hi Penny,

I think the next major tennis on TV is the French Open.

cu Frank.

janb

I guess the next tennis is in March the Davis Cup. There is dates of tennis in one of my magazines.

Yours

Jan

Tuppence2 said:
Hello Jan.

I am, very much, thanks. Your thread is good. I enjoyed viewing the link about the service speeds.

When is there tennis on TV next? Do you get schedules in your tennis magazines?

Bye,
Penny. :)

Hello Angel :) How are you?

Thanks Jan. There's tennis on this afternoon on Eurosport. The WTA semi-finals from Antwerp. And some mention was made of a "the girls being in the heat in the Gulf"...so there must be a competition there, too. Good having Cable TV, I know you can't get it. :(

Bye,
Penny.

janb

Thank's everyone, enjoy the tennis when it comes on the television.

Bye for now

Jan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online