1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are these "balloon tips"?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GRudger, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

When you hover over thread topics (see image), are these classified as ballon tips? Regardless of the answer, is it possible to make these last longer? I am from CA-NA-DA ayyyyyyy...(Blame The Simpsons for that last line, not me).

Attached Files:

2. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

Yes, those would be considered "baloon tips". They should last as long as you hover...

3. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

Good to know, but they only last for about 2 secs for me.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Actually, what you are asking about does not last as long as you keep the mouse over them. On all systems I checked (3) it lasts for about 5-10 seconds. It is a guess on my part, however I would think there is a registry entry you can change to make it last longer.

5. finwood

finwood

Seems like I remember when I was taking an online class on web page building, it was called a mouse over. Rather than changing something in the registry, I think it would have to be some change in the html coding or after looking at the page source, the java script. It's been a long time since I coded webpages manually. I now use Front Page.
    So much easier and faster!

6. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

I don't know what the difference is, but on my system (PIII 450, Win 98 SE, IE6 or Opera 7.51), the ballon tip remains as long as I hover perfectly stationery over it. If I move even slightly, it goes away...

7. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

I have XP. Do you have XP? Maybe thats the reason if you don't.

8. norton850

norton850

For what it's worth I get about 5 seconds before the "tip" disappears (WinXP)

9. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Meh. the balloon tips hang around for about 5-I don't know how many seconds (lost patience with waiting) on my PC. It's running Windows XP as well, so I dunno.

10. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

Why does everony have around 5, and me only around 2-3?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice