1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are these decent specs for a gaming comp?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joebro1995, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joebro1995

joebro1995 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I'm seriously contemplating buying this computer I built off a website named www.mwave.com.au but I need to know what you guys think. The total cost is $1,344.41 with an extra 26$ for home delivery + next day shipping.

Specs:
    • Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

• Intel Core i7 2600 Processor

• Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2P-B3 - B3 Stepping - Micro ATX

• G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB(2x 4GB) Memory Kit

• XFX Radeon HD 6870 - 1024MB 256-bit DDR5 RAM

• Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 500GB

• LG 22x DVD Burner

• Cooler Master GX Series 750W Power Supply

• Cooler Master 120mm Silent Fan - RED

• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - SP1 - 64-Bit

• United Electrical Onsite for 1 Year Warranty - Up to $3,000

2. Markgg88

Markgg88

I would consider getting 4GB(2x2) matched pair of RAM as 8GB is a waste of money if the main purpose of this machine is gaming as games(and most apps) will never use 8GB.

Cooler Master GX series of PSU's isn't the best around, I would go with a better quality unit such as this: http://www.mwave.com.au/sku-3404073...eries_Power_Supply_-_ATX12V_v2_31_amp_EPS12V_

You don't want to skimp on your PSU, it's the most critical part in your system.

Everything else looks good.

3. joebro1995

here is the list of all the power supply options it gives me. For some reason I'm blind and I can't see the Corsair TX-750 V2 750W... :/

[​IMG]

4. Markgg88

Markgg88

I don't know why it's not in this list but I provided a link in my post.

Anyway, if you must choose from that list, go with the Corsair HX 650W if your budget can handle it, it'll do the job as well.

5. joebro1995

You really like Corsair don't you :D - Anyway thanks man. I just have a question, wouldn't a higher WATT PSU be better?

6. Markgg88

Markgg88

It's not a matter of what I like. Corsair are the highest quality PSU's from this list. Yes, higher wattage would be better but as I said, the Corsair one is the only one I would recommend from this list. 650W would still handle your system well.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice