1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are these files needed?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MikeSwim07, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikeSwim07

MikeSwim07 Thread Starter

Are the files in here:

c:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content\

and here:

c:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData\

needed?

2. HCD

HCD

3. MikeSwim07

I don't understand that article. Can you please explain it to me?

4. HCD

HCD

Sorry - I've just re-read MS's post and it's a load of pants - sorry! Bottom line is.....I wouldn't delete the files until I knew they are malicious. They are connected to the software certification process that Microsoft uses to verify drivers and software that you download from the web. As they stand, the files contained within are of use ,,,,unless you have other malware issues that you are aware of.....?

5. MikeSwim07

No.

Thanks for the info.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731625