Are these really viruses?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fulci

Hello,
When running my anti virus software provided by my ISP, it tells me the following files are infected but doesn't allow me to remove them. This is occurring after I already cleaned the computer with some help from Tech Support Guy. Are these files really a problem:

c:documentsand settings.jpi_cache\jar\1.0\counter.zip-408709b2-2e23ado7.zip<beyond.class>

and also three more with the ending <blackbox.class>, <dummy.class> and <newclasssss.class>.

It identifies the first file as Javambsteseq and the others as Java/byteverifyexploit.

Please let me know if this is a problem and thanks for your assistance.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Click Start | Settings | Control Panel
Click the Java Plugin Icon
Click the Cache tab
Click the Clear button and click OK to confirm
Note: Please repeat this procedure for each "Java Plugin" button in your Control Panel.

or

Control Panel > Java > General tab
Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files
Checkmark all 3 options and click OK.

fulci

I tried the "Click Start | Settings | Control Panel
Click the Java Plugin Icon
Click the Cache tab
Click the Clear button and click OK to confirm
Note: Please repeat this procedure for each "Java Plugin" button in your Control Panel."

I found one Java Plugin Icon and cleared the cache and I'm still getting the same message when doing virus scans. Could there be other caches elsewhere on my computer that need to be cleared?

Thanks for the help.

fulci

I looked in my control panel and I don't have an icon called "Java" that opens to the Java control panel. All I have is a Java Plug In icon which does not have the same screen as the link you sent me. Any suggestions??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!