1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Are these spec good enough for WC3 and SC2 later on?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MrGrinch, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrGrinch

MrGrinch Thread Starter

right now i run wc3 fine with my AMD Athlon 64 3400+ / 512 RAM / Radeon 9800+ 128MB

im shopping for a laptop for college and i stumbled upon a deal on the dell 1521 notebook

it has a AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 (1MB/1.8GHz)
    (wondering if this is better or the Intel Core 2 Duo)

and 2 GB of RAM and a ATI RADEON® Xpress1270 HyperMemory™

i never owned a laptop before so i was also wondering how good that graphics card is compared to my 9800 pro

2. cfhpantera

cfhpantera

Intel Core 2 Duo's are superior to AMD's offerings right now. This laptop is not for gaming. An Xpress1270 is not a graphics card, it is a chipset built into the motherboard and is going to yield very poor gaming performance. It is much slower than a 9800 Pro.

3. ACA529

ACA529

Umm, he's asking about WAR3 and SC2... not GTA4. :p

MrGrinch: Blizzard has not released the system requirements for SC2 yet... so you'll just have to wait.

4. Gregor Lumpkus

Gregor Lumpkus

I have a Intel Core 2 duo and am yielding twice the performance of that processor.

5. ACA529

ACA529

Yes, that's fine, but he's asking if it will run SC2... not any high-end game needing a C2D. :rolleyes:

6. Gregor Lumpkus

Gregor Lumpkus

Yeah you're right. That processor would be fine for WC3, but like ACA529 said, they haven't released specs for SC2... But it's gonna be pimpin!!!

7. ACA529

ACA529

For sure!! :D :) (y)

8. MrGrinch

MrGrinch Thread Starter

now im getting a dell xps m1210
    with intel core 2 duo and a 256MB NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 7400 TurboCache11 graphics

9. Gregor Lumpkus

Gregor Lumpkus

Nice, nice. Though expect to have to replace your card in a year or two if you wanna stay with the new games that will be coming out. (I.E. Assassin's Creed and Halo Wars.)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice