Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are these temperatures normal?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  replay 
#1 ·
These are from Everest, not during heavy 3D applications. The GPU looks kinda high. I'm wondering if it's overheating.

Temperatures:
Motherboard 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU 48 °C (118 °F)
GPU 79 °C (174 °F)
GPU Ambient 72 °C (162 °F)
Seagate ST3120026AS 46 °C (115 °F)

#4 ·
My case is larger than usual (so big it doesn't fit into a standard unit).

Going off of memory, 1-2 case fans, a fan on the video card, 2 PSU fans, and 1-2 fans for the CPU.

Should the GPU really be that high at idle?

Video card is a Radeon 9800XT by the way.

#6 ·
ATI just told me the card is way too hot and to replace it right away. I guess I'll be phoning Dell since I'm still under warranty.

This is the SECOND 9800XT that they put in that has died (in the last 2 years)... I'm demanding I get a better card.

Check out this lovely graph I made. Look at how the GPU temp skyrockets after a few minutes of INTERNET SURFING. :evil:

#7 ·
8dalejr.fan said:
This is the SECOND 9800XT that they put in that has died (in the last 2 years)...
has the card died? the way i see it it is just running hot also from your 1st post it looks to me that a few of your componants are running "hot"
your harddrive is 46c
did u look at your case fans (how many,exhaust,intake) is the fan on the gpu working good?
if all of your temps are abit high maybe u should address that first........ take the side of your case and see how that affects the temps...

#8 ·
The card hasn't officially kicked the bucket yet, but I assumed it would.

After cleaning it, the temperature RANGE (from bootup to 12 minutes running) for the GPU has decreased from 30C to 16C range. Averaged, it is 5 degrees cooler since cleaning.

GPU is peaking now (idle) at 62C whereas it was 74C before cleaning. The temperature doesn't look like it's increasing exponentially any more.

I'll turn on the A/C in the house and see if it helps... it honestly feels like 30C in my house right now, and that can't be helping things much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.