1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

are trojan horse downloaders and clickers bad? Please help.

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dunnysay, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dunnysay

dunnysay Thread Starter

I recently scanned my computer with superantispyware and it cleaned up a few things. I thought I had scanned with AVG earlier but I don't think I had as it started by itself this morning. I had to leave it - I saw it had found something 'bad' and have been trying to find out what it was now that it was all finished scanning. BUT I can just find records of viruses found in scans from a few months back which I didn't even know had been found.

Anyway, what I have are:
    Trojan Horse Downloader.Zlob.MCQ

and

Trojan Horse Clicker.GMC

The clicker one is located in a programme I use a lot. I have had this trojan horse there before and when I 'fixed' it, it deleted the whole programme. Will I have to do this again??

I also posted on the malware thread with my HJT log, before I saw these trojan things. Why did superantispyware not pick these up? Are they really a problem?

Please help. Thanks.

2. dunnysay

dunnysay Thread Starter

sorry - i think I was looking at my virus vault.

The one it found today ('exploit') was also there.

should I empty my vault?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/638833