1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

argh codec help!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by rcanham, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rcanham

rcanham Thread Starter

ive downloaded a episode of the oc and another one of the same episode when the first one didnt work and get this message

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

and they don't load in divx player either so obviously theres something else i need...these worked on my old pc so whats missing?
    I have DIXv player and have downloaded codec packs and it still refuses to work and others have said they have had no problems!

WMP says this is the error number - C00D1199

many thanks!

ps. i downloaded a ONE TREE HILL episode and that worked no problems but this is happening with the oc ones im trying so obviously its compressed with a codec i need ?

pps. this has happened again with episode 12 of THE OC (downloaded 11 before) and im getting really annoyed seeing it works on other things such as One Tree Hill so is the oc compressed with a codec i haven't got and i've tried lots of codec packs!

2. rcanham

rcanham Thread Starter

Btt Pleeassseee Help

3. Deathblow

Deathblow

Where are you downloading these files from?

4. rcanham

rcanham Thread Starter

torrentspy.com

many people thought who download through the same place are having no problems and this isn't the first episode to fail because of it, they worked on my old pc so its something this new one is missing :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice