1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Arghhh!! Ethernet Controller. . .Question Mark?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerdoofus, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computerdoofus

computerdoofus Thread Starter

Hi all. . .I searched the forums and couldn't figure out how to fix my problem. I am not very computer savvy, so please forgive me if this sounds really dumb. .

My daughter has an A22M Thinkpad with Windows 2000 Pro. We can't get the internet to work after her b/f restored it to last known good configuration. Now, there is a question mark beside the "ethernet controller", PCI Serial port, and Display adapter under the device manager.

I went to the IBM site and downloaded the drivers for Ethernet driver for Intel PRO/100 SP Mini PCI combo card and reinstalled it but that didn't work. The question mark is still showing up. Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks!!

2. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Try uninstalling the drivers first in device manager then re install the new drivers. It's always worth a try :)

3. computerdoofus

Thank you Goldfish. . .I did try that. Now I have a bigger problem. I am getting an error that says Stop: 0x0000007B Inaccessible Boot Device.
    I don't have have boot disk either. I purchased this computer used and it didn't come with any software. :-(

4. replay

replay

what drrivers did u uninstall?

5. GQstyle

GQstyle

so u cant log onto windows anymore right?

6. computerdoofus

Replay - I installed Ethernet driver for Intel PRO/100 SP Mini PCI combo card A22m.

GQstyle - Nope. I sure can't. I am getting a blue screen with stop error 0x0000007B when windows 2000 tries to boot.

7. replay

replay

8. computerdoofus

Sorry, you said it very clearly but I misunderstood. . . Actually, I didn't uninstall anything. Perhaps that's where I messed things up?
    If I purchase a new windows 2000 cd, uninstall Windows 2000 and then reinstall it, do you think that would work? If not, then I will just need to buy my daughter a new comp so she'll leave me alone. lol

9. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

It might... but if the computer is messing up now, and it is old'ish' you might as well (if oyu feel like it :p) get her a newen :) How much are Windows 2000 discs now anyway?

10. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Nope, only joking. That might fix your problem, did you say you did a system restore before this proble occured. Could you not just undo the restore?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/626120

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice