1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ark Survival Evolved FPS

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kurtttt, Feb 15, 2020 at 3:34 AM.

1. Kurtttt

Kurtttt Thread Starter

I'm switching from console Ark to PC. Because I had Ark on Xbox, I also had it on PC because I had Windows 10. So, I downloaded Ark and ran into big FPS issues. Also, I want to mention, this version of Ark is still xbox servers.

GPU: GTX 1650 4gb
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
    RAM: 16g of DDR4

I looked up many videos on youtube. most of the videos showed decent FPS and were having no issues running around and it was pretty smooth. But, on my version, its very hard to do anything. Im just wondering if it may be just because its still the xbox version and the steam pc version will be different. I'm open to any overclocking ideas or FPS boosting settings. Thanks.

I know my graphics card isn't the best, but it's what I have atm, so I appreciate any responses.

Here is one of the videos I found of bad FPS, but better then mine. He is just walking around with not much lag, but I cant even walk around.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 3:56 AM
  2. Blu_86

Blu_86

Hi Kurt, firstly as i watched the vid i noticed he was using low settings to begin with along with the resolution scale set in the middle and of course that gets you 85-110 FPS. Once that resolution slider was moved up to 100% the FPS dropped drastically, and later even more so when the user went to Epic settings (ultra).

At exactly 1:23 of the vid try using the exact same settings (mix of high and medium) and you can see the resolution scale is around 75% right? move the resolution slider back to around 50% you should be getting about 65+ FPS. let me know how it goes.

About your hardware it's fine, GTX 1650 is a decent card.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice