1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Arranging pages and/or documents

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DaveSS, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaveSS

DaveSS Thread Starter

Hi folks,

I am putting together a 300 page document. At the moment it is made up of a large main body. Unfortunately I have to insert section pages inbetween areas in this main body. Now yes I know I could use section breaks to do this, but quite honestly it is incredibly painful and I can never get it to work 100%, and some section headings have borders and then they disapear or the whole doc gets them.

Is there a way of arranging pages much like you can in powerpoint, like as in click and drag??

I have access to Acrobat 6 if it has an option to do this?

Thanks for the help

2. TonyJollans

TonyJollans

You can't move pages. A page in a document is not a discrete object like a slide in Powerpoint but you can move paragraphs in Outline View - it rather depends on the arrangement of your document whether it will help you in this case - I can't really tell from what you've posted.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  4. TonyJollans

TonyJollans

Sure have!
    It's about time I hit the arcade :)

5. DaveSS

DaveSS Thread Starter

Hmmm that's nice Dreamboat, it certainly helped in areas.

The main problem surrounded page borders and headers. Each section had a different one.

In the end I deleted all borders and headers and inserted them manually into each page. Painful, but easy. Section breaks give me a headache and never seem to work... well, at least for me they't don't!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!