Array accelerator question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ann06

Hi,
I have a an array accelerator that is configured as raid 5, what if i removed 2 harddisks while the server is running i know it will fail but will it cause damage to the server after i put them back or only it will shutdown safely?

crjdriver

The first question is why would you want to do what you have posted?

Next question, does this controller support hot swapping of drives?

ann06

yes it support, the reason is, I have HP DL 380 G4,smart array 6400 the controller configuration showing 1 logical drive RAID 5. in the more information its showing Raid 6 (ADG) is enabled. does this mean its configured as RAID 6 and it can tolerate 2 drives failure?
also for information as what happens :D

crjdriver

I would have no idea. You need to either read your manual or contact hp tech support.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online