1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Arris TM602g and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GClore7410, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GClore7410

GClore7410 Thread Starter

I have an old E machine (256 Mb of RAM old) and an old Arris TM602g Modem from the cable Co. I have the chords connected but I can't find the CD with the driver on it. Not being able to get on the internet i can't download the driver. Is it possible to download the driver, from another computer and burn it on a CD so I can get the driver on the E machine, or is there simply something else i can do to get this computer on the internet?

2. Mohhand

Mohhand

Yes, that should work! If that does not, just call the company and try to ask for the CD! If they want to keep you as a customer they will do anything!

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

You don't need a driver for the Arris TM602G modem, just plug it in and it should work (I have one).

Check TCP/IP properties for your computer network adapter. It should be set for "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".

If those settings are ok and you can't get an internet connection, next try opening your web browser and type 192.168.100.1 in the address bar and press enter. Do you see the modem status pages? If so, the connection between your computer and the modem is good but there could still be issues with the cable connection. If you do see a status page, what does it show for downstream and upstream power?

Also open a command prompt (Start, Run, type CMD) and type IPCONFIG /ALL at the prompt. Copy and paste the ipconfig /all log here.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I personally have an Arris TouchStone TM402G cable modem and have BrightHouse Networks Roadrunner as an ISP.

As Frank4d already advised, you simply connect the Arris modem directly to your computer(or to a router if you're sharing the connection with multiple computers). There's no modem driver to install.

What's the model number of that eMachines?

Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager. What's listed in the Network Adapters heading?

-----------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice