1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AS/400 User Accounts

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gkimble, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gkimble

gkimble Account Disabled Thread Starter

I disabled a bunch of user accounts. When I print out a report, it says those people are still enabled. But they cannot log in, so I know they are not. It's good that they can't, but it's bad that my print out says they are !! Do changes take effect after an IPL or a certain amount of time ? HELP! thanks...

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    No, they should show as disabled on any report you produce immediately after you disable them. How are you producing the report? Are you using the DSPUSRPRF command to produce the report or some third party utility?

3. gkimble

Pure command line typing. No 3rd party stuff. Our system is V4R4M0 so it's not the newest and greatest.

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Can you post the command your entering and all of the parms? Are you up to date on all of the PTFs?

5. gkimble

No, sadly our system has not been kept up as well as the email and proxy servers. We are switching to another platform in the near future so I've decided not to worry too much about it.

BY the way, when I was speaking about ACACANDY, what she does with her "MODERATOR" power, is go through all of the posting on this website and if there is a duplicate, she yells at the person who does it and then closes it.

6. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    She's only doing what's she's volunteered to do, moderate the forums and enforce the rules. Duplicate posts are confusing and aggravating to people who are replying to a thread but getting no reply back from the original poster because he or she is off replying at the duplicate.

Anyway, I suspect the problem your having may be fixed by installing the most recent PTFs but since your getting rid of the AS400, as you mentioned, it's really not something worth fooling with. As long as they can't sign on, your fine.

7. gkimble

Thank you Bryan.

8. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Your welcome, what platform are you going to after the AS400?

The IBM AS400 is a very nice machine if it's setup and maintained correctly. I can't think of any better platform for a small, medium or even a large size company. It's religously supported by IBM and it's kept on the cutting edge of the latest technology.

9. gkimble

Nice sales pitch. Ever watch the Boiler Room movie ? I think we are going to a Windows platform. Go figure.

10. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    No, what's the Boiler Room movie?

And it's really not a sales pitch. They essentially sell themselves. They're IBMs bread and butter. AS400s are very nice machines once you really get into working with them and you're with a company that believes in spending money to support the thing and do things the right way. Windows platforms are nice but the companies I deal with are much too large to be running a Windows platform. They need the processing power of a mainframe to support all of the real-time and batch processing. There are plenty of days though that I wish I only had to support a Windows environment.

Anyway, good luck with the new platform you're going to ....

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!