1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

As400 Help

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by pea333nut, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pea333nut

pea333nut Thread Starter

I need to make a query that that will show all of the customers that an employee in the last year. I set the date greater than 4-01-03 and the employeeNum = to thier number. I get all of the customers that the employee had in the last year but I get duplicates. How do I make it so I only get 1 customer and no duplicates.

Thanks

2. Rockn

Rockn

YOu need to add grouping to your query. It will always bring in duplicates the way you made your query because most have probably had more than one customer in that time frame.

3. pea333nut

pea333nut Thread Starter

what do you mean by add grouping. Can you give me an example!

4. Rockn

Rockn

SELECT fieldname FROM tablename GROUP BY fieldname

5. pea333nut

pea333nut Thread Starter

What query definition is this under. This is on an AS400 not SQL or something else.

6. Rockn

Rockn

Hey, you tell me! SQL is pretty much SQL anywhere you go with minor syntax differences. What database are you running?

7. pea333nut

pea333nut Thread Starter

I'm just not sure what option to go into to write a statement like the one you supplied. Attached is a print screen. Can you tell me where I would go to write that kind of query statement.

Thank you very much

Attached Files:

8. Rockn

Rockn

You still have not told anyone what type of database or program this is. A little infirmation like that would go a long way in helping you out.

9. angel

angel

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice