1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asheron's call bad lag time on cable internet

Discussion in 'Games' started by howieforbes, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howieforbes

howieforbes Thread Starter

Since tubine has taken over the game my connection to it has developed a bad latency. I am on cable and using a router Linksys NR401 4 port. Is it possible the firewall on the router is effecting the game performance and if that is possible anyone have a good set of instructions to set up port forwarding? The router has caused trouble trying to play counterstrike on two computers behind the router. That is another issue. :eek: I would be greatfull for any help.

2. Akito

Akito

If you can, try plugging your computer directly into the cable modem - if you don't get the lag issues, there's your problem - the router.

Just curious, do you have any file sharing programs running (ie kazza, emule, etc..)

Also, are we talking ping time or packet loss?

3. howieforbes

howieforbes Thread Starter

I have tried running without router and with and have tried two seperate computers. No no file sharing software on the computers. I am getting high packet loss and bad latency. Packet loss now runs about 12% sometimes more. The round trip ping time has been running about 5000ms or 5 sec. That makes for crappy gaming. Turbine says it is a peer to peer issue between AT&T and charter cable. They say it is the new server. ??????? :mad: :mad: :mad: I have left the game for now because of these issues. Is there any way to redirect the internet traffic to see if that will clear it up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!