1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asian language pack conflicts with shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Symber, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symber

Symber Thread Starter

Seems I jumped the gun a little in thinking that my problem was solved - it just improved. My problem now is that having the East Asian Language Pack installed causes my computer to take 2-3 minutes to shut down instead of 15 seconds like it used to.

My previous problem was similar but also would not display the characters... I finally managed to get the characters to display and wrongly assumed the shutdown problem would have been fixed too. I am, however, certain that the language pack is the cause of the shutdown issue. Whenever I uninstall the language pack my computer goes back to shutting down as normal.

Does anyone know why this would happen? I would greatly appreciate a fix if someone has one... or even a work around. The easy answer would be to uninstall the pack, but unfortunately I need it.

2. Symber

Symber Thread Starter

Tried reinstalling the packs that I downloaded a few different ways rather than the ones on my XP CD. Still the same issue... installed takes 2-3mins to shutdown, uninstalled takes 10-15secs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice