1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ask.com Toolbar Removal

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by anitablake, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anitablake

anitablake Thread Starter

I have been trying to remove the Ask.com toolbar. When I try to uninstall it gives me the error message "Error opening installation file log. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable." I don't know what that means.....

A couple of things suggested on a different forum were to reinstall then uninstall. That did not work. I got the same error message. The next was to delete it from the Program Files. I did delete it there, but the toolbar is still there and still gives the same error message if I try to uninstall it.

So, I don't know what to do. Also, ASk.com brought something with it called ASPCA Reminder V7F+AU by We-Care.com. I get the same error message when I tried to uninstall that one, too.

I am very computer illiterate, so I need a simple answer, please. I use Windows Vista, IE 8. That's about all I can tell you about my laptop, because I don't know anything else.
    Thank you!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice