Ask.com Toolbar Removal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anitablake

I have been trying to remove the Ask.com toolbar. When I try to uninstall it gives me the error message "Error opening installation file log. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable." I don't know what that means.....

A couple of things suggested on a different forum were to reinstall then uninstall. That did not work. I got the same error message. The next was to delete it from the Program Files. I did delete it there, but the toolbar is still there and still gives the same error message if I try to uninstall it.

So, I don't know what to do. Also, ASk.com brought something with it called ASPCA Reminder V7F+AU by We-Care.com. I get the same error message when I tried to uninstall that one, too.

I am very computer illiterate, so I need a simple answer, please. I use Windows Vista, IE 8. That's about all I can tell you about my laptop, because I don't know anything else.
Thank you!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online