1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

askdrtech.com

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by huzone, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. huzone

huzone Thread Starter

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone has had experience with this company, which offers tech support for a fee? Thanks, huzone

2. jihf

jihf

I joined askdrtech about 1 year ago, and from the beginning, their web site did not work like it was supposed to. I tried to get help from them, and they couldn't figure out the problem either. I tried awhile later, and still could not get it to work. Then, I had a problem with my computer, and they sent me an e-mail to try a solution, which did not help. I finally gave up, and even forgot about the site, until I was charged a renewal fee for a second year! ($129.00). I wrote to them immediately:

"I see that you renewed my membership by debiting my bank account. I do not wish to renew. I have never been able to use your service and no one there has ever been able to help me with it. Please, credit my bank account immediately. Thank you."

Their reply back to me:

"We are sorry to hear that you no longer desire our technical support services. Therefore, your account has been deactivated, to avoid future renewals. However, we do not reverse charges to your credit card account because you authorized annual renewal fees at the time of your enrollment."

MInd you, they do not seem concerned at all that I was not happy with their service! They collected the money for the coming year and deactivated me! Also, notice, their customer service number in NOT toll free! :mad: :mad:

3. jihf

jihf

4. hewee

hewee

Welcome to TSG :)

You all above have found the best place for help right here and it's all FREE.

5. RSM123

RSM123

6. jihf

jihf

After I posted here, I sent another email to askdrtech. I stated my problem with them much more strongly, and requested they reply to my concerns. I told them I would not let them alone until they gave me the refund. I am not sure why, but they replied very quickly, and said they were sorry that they had not been able to help me and they are going to refund my money! I will let you know if I do not get it, otherwise, I am VERY SURPRISED! :p

7. ubamous3

ubamous3

ewww!! jihf , i m very sorry that you had to deal with such poor customer service; they have the gall to charge u 129 dollars for services that they didnt live up to; plus, even if u were provided sufficient valuable help prior, arguing with the customer about refunding the money that way sure is a big faux pas in public relations.

TSG is great; i have had a lot of help from here, and people have been very nice and not condescending at all (at least not to me :) ) and I do appreciate the people's efforts a lot whether their advice actually solve the problem or not; it's the thought that really matters to me; kudos to TSG.

BTW, there are couple of other sites that I also have visited FREE that are pretty good with tech support in case you are interested.

http://www.help2go.com/public/modules.php?name=Forums
    http://www.winguides.com/forums/

I am sure there are plenty more but it's prob. better if u visit a few places u like and stick to it; otherwise, it gets too confusing

8. jihf

jihf

ubamous3,
    Yes, I have been so impressed with how helpful everyone is on this site! I will check out the other sites you recommended, thanks! I have recommended this site to everyone I know!

The one thing I did want everyone to see was that askdrtech did finally refund my money.

9. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Just tell them you are now using a website with about 60,000 members and you told everyone there how bad they were! :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice