Solved Asking Impossible - Browsers instead of Webpages Preview

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluewizard

I suspect I'm just being too picky, but I don't like the way Win-10 shows a single instance of the Browser on the Task Bar, then when you mouse over, a preview of all the open webpages pops up.

I organize my browsing by instances of the Browser being open, not on the webpages themselves. I find this webpage preview to be very clutter, as I sometime have 2 or 3 windows (instances of the Browser) open, but each instances is for a specific purpose. I need to move between Windows or instances of the Browser being open. Seeing, 10 or 20 webpages in a preview is just too cluttered. Plus, once the TAB count reaches a certain level, you don't see the preview, just a list of open Tabs (or webpages).

So ...hope against hope ...is there any way to control that open browser TAB preview. I would prefer to set it to instances of open Browsers rather than instances of open webpages (TABS).

I typically know what I have in each instance of an open Browser, so a Browser open list is more valuable and compact than a long list of 20 webpages with no distinction regarding which Browse each webpage is open in.

The Webpage preview is pretty fast, but it is just too cluttered.

Keep in mind, I'm coming from Win-XP, each instance of the Browser was a separate tab on the Task Bar. So moving from open Browser to open Browser was easy.

Though of low interest to those viewing, here is how I might organize my instances of open Browsers 1.) Audio Discussion Group 2.) Product Search 3.) General Research. I might have 5 or more (usually more) TABS open in each of these browsers. My more common need it so move between Browsers not between Webpages.

Hope against hope.

Is there any way to change the Preview? Even if I could enhance the distinction between Browsers, identifying which webpages were open in which browser, that would be a help.

So, any configuration options on this, or am I just stuck with it the way it is?

Thanks for any comment one way or the other.

Steve/bluewizard

bluewizard

That was it. When I set to "combine when taskbar is full" in the Taskbar Button Properties settings , I now see three items in the taskbar corresponding to the three instances of my Browser that I have open.

In all honesty, I didn't think there would be a solution. But ...hope against hope... I thought I would ask. That is EXACTY what I was looking for.

Thank you so much.

Steve/bluewizard

bluewizard

you are welcome
I noticed a few other things that I like. Not only do I get individual browsers in the Taskbar, but if I hover, then the full TAB/Window Preview comes up. BUT... I notice that the Windows in the preview change color so I can tell which Browser those open Windows belong to.

As I said, I'm only in my second week of using Win-10 and ...hopefully... learning fast. Thanks again for the perfect solution to what I was sure was an impossible problem.

Steve/bluewizard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online