1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASP Causing IIS & NT to Restart!???

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by baywood, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baywood

baywood Thread Starter

2. Rockn

Rockn

It shouldn't do anything to the server since this is client side script and doesn't even run on the server, all it does is serve the HTML. I would ask the ISP or host if their server is patched properly.

3. baywood

baywood Thread Starter

Thanks Rockn

I thought that it might of been the SQL we are running against access2000?

I will speak to the ISP and ensure that they are fully patched.

Thanks

Glen

4. Rockn

Rockn

It very well could have been a SQL script that would cause it to reboot if the script were not written correctly. A bad script can lock up the hosts CPU if it is poorly written. Close all objects and terminate them as well after your script executes. The host may have a query analyzer or some other way to monitor and test your script out.

5. baywood

baywood Thread Starter

Hi Rockn

Really appreciate all your help with this, I think that it is an SQL problem, we develped the application in Dreamwearver Ultradev. The page is quite complex but I am sure it could have been written alot more efficiently.......but as with a lot of projects it was a matter of time etc.........

I can give you the source if you are interested, I haven't found the problem discussed anywhere on the web might be good for reference!?

Again thanks for your help, anything I can help you with (not likely) but the offer is there.

Many thanks

[email protected]

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115078

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice