.Asp help wanted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NinjaN00b

Hi I'm trying to do something more then Mirc scripting for once, not working very well, But if anyone could tell me or link me to somewhere where I can learn more about how to set up a forum using asp files as I don't wish to upgrade my free hosting account to use php's it would be really appreciated and I would give you a large amount of e-cookies{No not that type, the yummy kind.} if you even helped me set it up. ^^

The forums I'm trying to set up are megabbs 2.2 that way if you do wish to help you can have a better understanding of what I'm asking about.

Your server allows ASP?
To use ASP, you need to set windows folders permission using a control panel provided by the host, or ask them to set the permissions if they dont allow you to change the permissions via a control panel.

The software you specify has two database options, you need to select the one that you have access to on your server (IE if you have a free SQL server database then you can enable that one, otherwise you would use the Access database)
Once you have chosen your connectiontype, you upload the unzipped files to a folder on your server(example into the forums folder) and run the setup file in the script.

http://www.pd9soft.com/megabbs-support/docs/install.asp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online