1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASP PHP ceritification

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by AttackRabbit, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AttackRabbit

AttackRabbit Thread Starter

hey everyone,

i recently graduated from the university of central florida with a B.A. in digital media. I really want to add some certifications to resume and ive found my weak points are typically with php, asp, cgi, basically client side web. I was looking at myabe getting a comptia certificate but im not sure which would be best. What does everyone recommend as far a php , asp certifications ?

2. Rockn

Rockn

ASP, PHP and CGI are server side languages. I am not even sure there are certs available for them, at least not ASP because .Net has taken it's place.

3. covert215

covert215 Banned

www.w3schools.com

This is the group that creates all web standards. This site has tutorials for all of the accepted languages. It also provides HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, and ASP certifications.

4. AttackRabbit

thanks covert . w3school was one of the first sites that i chedked out. I wasnt sure if it was consider acredited in the industry. i will definately look into it.

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

6. covert215

covert215 Banned

w3 schools is a branch of w3c

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

No, its not. Where'd you get that from?

8. covert215

covert215 Banned

thats the impression i got from their site...guess i was misled

9. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

There site doesn't say that anywhere, they aren't related to the W3C.

10. AttackRabbit

well there site is definately infromative. My only reservation so far is that when you are ready to take the test , you personally select the person who administrates it. So basically i could have a buddy of mine sit in the room with me while i fill in answers from my notes. I think it would be more legitimate , if they providd a list of certified administrators in your local area. If anything i could have the java instructor at my universtiy administer it for me.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice