1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASP programming

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Caliraj, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Caliraj

Caliraj Thread Starter

Hi,
    Im having an ASP script with me.If i double click the file & open it with a notepad, I can see the code.Could anyone tell me how do I run the file so that I can see the output?I have attached the file for reference.
    Now, what I could guess from the code is that it displays the birthday message.But what Im trying is to make the script work in such a way that this message goes to a particular person(his email id that has to be taken from an Access file) whose b'day falls on that day.
    COuld anyone help me with this?

Attached Files:

2. Chicon

Chicon

Hi Caliraj,

I've tried to open one of your ASP files with Internet Explorer : it just shows the code like Notepad.
    Then, I tried with Firefox and I got this ( see attachment ).

Attached Files:

• doc.jpg
      doc.jpg
      File size:
      96 KB
      Views:
  3. Caliraj

Caliraj Thread Starter

Hi chicon,
    Im unable to send you the snapshot of the page how it looks as of now, as the file size is more than 400kb.The details are of the snapshot is as follows:
    At present, the page displays the names of those who celebrate their b'day today.It also displays a greeting message.Now, teh problem is that though the names are displays, it has not been sent to teh recipients.Lets say teh list of the email ids are in a file. Now, im trying to pick the email id from the file and send the displayed page to that id..If you could figure out anything with the source code, it would be really great for us:p .....
    thanks,
    Cali

Attached Files:

4. Chicon

Chicon

Sorry, Caliraj ! I can't help you on this one : ASP is not part of my knowledges and my HTML is rated at amateur level.
    ;)

5. Caliraj

Caliraj Thread Starter

Hi chicon,
    It would be nice if you could forward my query to anyone of your technical team.
    Thanks,
    Cali

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541939

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice