Aspi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boadie

how do i obtain an aspi file that nero ultra says i'm missing,and how do i install it. os-windows xp home

boadie

the tripod site says something about not available for download

Triple6

Rob
I don't know if thats the file you need either as you don't specifically mention ay\ny file names or the exact error.

However the ASPI layer included with Windows 9X isn't very good and should be updated - it won't to update it and its required by several CD\DVD programs.

You can download it here: http://cgi.tripod.com/321ripforum/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=321gen;action=display;num=1090752183

I forgot Tripod does not allow for direct linking.

There is also a file that can be downloaded from the Nero website that is commonly missing. The exact name of the file would be helpful to determine if thats the case.

boadie

i now have the aspi file ,still nero won't burn. on nero ultra the used reader buffer goes to 100% , process status goes to 4% and that 's where it stays. i then have to reset my computer

MysticEyes

Banned
Have never had to install any ASPI on XP (except what Nero installs). Nero has it's own try re-installing Nero.

boadie

tried reinstalling nero,same thing happens. i now have 5 coasters

MysticEyes

Banned
boadie said:
tried reinstalling nero,same thing happens. i now have 5 coasters
You do not say if you are still getting ASPI errors, or something else now.

When I Click on my Nero Information Tool,

the Aspi tab lists these files for the system...

WINASPI32.DLL
ASPI32.SYS
WINASPI.DLL
WOWPOST.EXE

and only 1 for Nero
WINASPI.DLL

At the bottom it says that ASPI is installed and working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online