1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASPImage

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Spu, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spu

Spu Thread Starter

Hello.

I want to beable to allow customers to beable to upload a image and then be able to resize, rotate, etc the image. I'm using ASP and Access d/b's.

The question is, would the ASPUpload and ASPImage complete this for me? I've been reading about the ASPImage and it sounds like its what I need but I haven't been able to find any examples of it.

I'm creating a site that will allow customers to customise our products (just if you needed to know ;-) )

Also do you know how to delete a record in an Access database and the image associated with it (the image will be outside the database: the database will contain the URL to the image) after a certain period of time, 24hrs/1 week, unless the customer has asked to save that record? this is because we dont want are server holding a load of records & images that arent needed anymore.

Another question, can you recommend any hosters that offer the ASPImage component (or similar).

Thanks,

Spu

2. Rockn

Rockn

Not sure about the upload component or the image editor but you should be able to set up a script that will do a file system object delete of the associated record in the db. I don't think you will be able to find a host that will actually give you the components as you normally have to pay for them. What about hosting it on your own server?

3. Spu

Spu Thread Starter

Thanks for repling Rockn

I've seen hosters such as http://www.consyse.net/hosting/components.asp that offer this feature. I was wondering if anybody could recommend a hoster.

And, unfortuantly we haven't got our own server, we're looking for a virtual server with someone.

4. Rockn

Rockn

I have been thinking about hosting my own and with a Qwest DSL business account I could do it for under $100 a month with a static IP address. I had a source for a free hosting site that supported ASP but I can't find it at the moment. HERE IT IS!!

http://www.brinkster.com

Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice