1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Aspire 5742. stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pinkjean, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkjean

pinkjean Thread Starter

Hi i have a acer aspire 5742,windows 7 premium operating system. It has stopped working,i think i downloaded a virus,I kept getting a blue screen message and i tried resetting it to an earlier date but that didnt help. I then tried resetting to factory settings and i am now getting a message telling me that it cannot install windows and needs to restart but everytime i restart,it comes up with the same message. I have contacted acer and they have offered for me to send it to them but if found to be a software issue,they will charge me but i dont have that sort of money,they did not offer me the discs and now i dont know what to do. I have only had the computer for nearly 4 months. Can someone please help. Many thanks

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Best to wait for a Virus/Malware expert to help you out, in the meantime, try and save any Important Files/documents you have to a CD or DVD or Flash drive or external hard drive,etc.

These experts are Top Notch and hopefully should help you to get up and running.

Good luck
    Ray

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!