1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Aspire One Sound Choppy

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by denislouisb, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. denislouisb

denislouisb Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire One running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. It has run with no problems for almost two years, initially with Starter and then Home Premium, with no problems. About three months after I have installed Ultimate, the sound has become choppy and lags, at times distorted, no matter the source: disk file, internet site, CD, and no matter the program I use to play it: WMP, Sound Forge, Quicktime etc.

I have re-installed the Realtek Driver, no improvement, I have un-installed the disk drive and re-booted, no improvement. I tried an external sound card, Behringer, no improvement. I will try removing the updates but I doubt that this will do.

Regards, denislouisb

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Download MGADiag to your desktop.

Double-click on MGADiag.exe to launch the program.

Click "Continue".

Ensure that the "Windows" tab is selected (it should be by default).

Click the "Copy" button to copy the MGA Diagnostic Report to the Windows clipboard.

Paste the MGA Diagnostic Report back here in your next reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Acer Aspire One netbook has numerous model numbers between 521 and P531h.

Which model number do you have?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. denislouisb

Thanks.
    MGADiag works, but its Copy does not do anything. I have made an image of the results but don't know how to upload it, let me know if I send it to you or post it somewhere for you
    My Acer is 530.

You may if you wish answer directly to me by e-mail,'
    [email protected]

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Edit your last reply and remove your personal Email address from it before everyone sees it and you start getting inundated with spam.

----------------------------------------------------------

When the MGA report results appear, copy the entire text from it, then return here and paste the entire text in a new reply window.

----------------------------------------------------------

5. denislouisb

There is no way to edit my reply. Please correspond with me by e-mail.

There is no way to have a diagbnostics file from MGADiag, I press Copy and nothing happens.

Thanks anyway.

6. Lance1

Lance1

TSG members are not permitted to render assistance in that manner. All support is handled in the forum and not via e-mail.

Just click edit at the bottom of your post and remove the e-mail address.

Highlight the text in the report, then (Ctrl + C) then come here and (Ctrl + V) to past in in the post.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice