1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 temperature sensors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steveb1492, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steveb1492

steveb1492 Thread Starter

Does anyone know where I can find the information about what sensors sense what (for eithe motherboard monitor or speedfan)? I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is what.

Here's the options:
    Core (is this the CPU)? averages around 45 and fluctuates a lot (in frequency, not size).
    Temp 1 is constant at 36 (except for one random jump to 37)
    Temp 2 averages at about 41 and is pretty stable with a few small spikes when Core spikes
    Temp 3 averages about 34-35 and fluctuates a lot (like Core)

Anyone have any ideas?

2. coorrel

coorrel

What program are you using?

If core is around 45 I'm guessing it's the CPU.
    The rest may be HDD's... You have 3 hard drives?
    I don't really know.

3. steveb1492

Speedfan right now. Hdd's are on different sensors (HD0 and HD1). Default temperature to display in the taskbar is Temp2, so could that be the CPU??? I think temp2 and core are northbridge and cpu, but i dont know which is which. And then I have no clue about the others.

4. steveb1492

OK. Temp 2 is the CPU (compared cold temps with those from bios). Anyone have a clue about the other temps?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice