1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asrock BIOS -> Press F1 To Continue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Damonc, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

I was looking at a system not all that long ago that everytime it started up on the second screen of the BIOS it would say something like:

Both Mac Addresses on the APC & DMI are incorrect. Press F1 to continue (not sure if that is correct)

the board is a brand new Asrock G-Pro mainboard, anyone got any suggestions? - Should I try flashing the BIOS?

2. Sponsor

3. rmay635703

rmay635703

http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/M/MAC_address.html

I'm not sure flashing the bios would have any effect.

How many network cards are installed in the unit including the onboard one (if any)

It would appear the two cards have the same address or invalid ones.

I would assume any network cards in that machine would end up with a ! in windows

Without more info I can't help much

Cheers

4. dai

dai

check in the device manager for any yellow marks along side of anything if you find any click on that item and see what it has to say i used one of these boards to rebuild my daughters comp. and it does run as solid as a rock
    ps happy birthday

5. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

Everything in device manager is fine...

The system only has the network on the board, its only got 1 card installed which is the modem - everything else is on board.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try entering the BIOS setup and loading the BIOS/Optimal defaults, Saving and Exiting.

7. Damonc

Damonc Thread Starter

tried that.. I've looked for stuff in the BIOS to disable... but can't find anything there either.. If I am able to disable the on board LAN should I try to do that? - it won't be used.

8. rmay635703

rmay635703

That error is networking related so give it a try, it might work.

Cheers

9. dai

dai

i disabled all the onboard as i prefer to use cards

10. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

Does it say "Checksum error" anywhere?

If so, replace the battery on the board.

11. dai

dai

i have the maual and it is pretty useless
    reinstall the m/b drivers from the installation cd

12. QuantumSNGLR

QuantumSNGLR It's My Birthday!

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I just came across the problem myself.

I have an ASRock GE Pro-HT. I had this same problem after having a new bios chip burned. Apparently it doesn't know what the MAC address for the onboard NIC is anymore. I found through Googling a utlility that will correct the problem it is having with applying the correct MAC address.
    http://lejabeach.com/ASRock/LAN/eeAMD-SiS.zip

I couldn't find the original MAC address and ASRock informed me that it is on a white barcoded sticker located on the motherboard. (12 digits and in my case followed with an "N".

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168206

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice