Asrock pc says please reboot and select proper boot device

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

OK, we'll need a little more to go on here. Has this system ever worked? Or is it a new build that won't boot? What are the components installed? (Make/model # will help a lot.)

anormllife

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

OK, we'll need a little more to go on here. Has this system ever worked? Or is it a new build that won't boot? What are the components installed? (Make/model # will help a lot.)
It worked just earlier this morning its a Z370M-ITX/ac p2. 10 with a intel core i7-8700k 3. 70ghz 16gb ram

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is there just the one drive in the system? Can you see it in BIOS?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Shut down and open the system. Unplug and reseat the power and data cables to both drives, then power up again. If it still does not work, the drive may have gone south.

Which drive can you see? And is that the boot drive?

anormllife

Shut down and open the system. Unplug and reseat the power and data cables to both drives, then power up again. If it still does not work, the drive may have gone south.

Which drive can you see? And is that the boot drive?
Its an all in 1 man if it was a regular pc i couod def do that but i dont wanna break it

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm sorry. My ESP isn't working well today ...

It sounds like you'll need to bring it in somewhere where they can open it up and do some basic troubleshooting.

anormllife

Dude i unplugged it picked it up and looked at the back turned it on and now its working

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
That sure sounds like a possible loose connection. There's no way to diagnose that, nor to correct it if that's the case, without opening it up.

anormllife

Fixed itself after i turned it off and flipped it over to look at it turned it back on and it booted right up

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
See if it will reboot. Something's going south rapidly. It may still be a drive issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online