1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Assertion failed: [Line: 62]

Discussion in 'Games' started by rocafelladx, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocafelladx

rocafelladx Thread Starter

this problem has come up...

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 62]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadImportMap <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel obstacle) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

This message comes up every time i load training map obstacle.aao

I have a couple theories why this problem comes up...

Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 62] <<<<someone said that assertion failed means the problem is about my Video card but i doubt that because i can run the game...play one of the training map Marksman...with no problem until i play the second training map Obstacle.aao that the game terminates.

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadImportMap <<<<this cleary suggests that the program failed when it tried to import the map(obstacle)

<- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel obstacle) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <<<<this suggest that it looked for the map and that it cant load that specific map
    <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <<<<and this also suggests that the map search came up with nothing....

ive broken down the message...and i assume it says that the game(Americas Army) can not find the map Obstacle because it might be under a wrong file name so it makes the gane search for the map under the wrong name that is not even there...After coming up with a Theory...I looked in the AA log under the file name Armyops...this further confirms my suspiction...in the log it says that entry.aao tried to look for the map name obstacle but the search did not come up with anything and the program terminates...

My solution is to redownload Americas Army:Operations but im tryin to avoid this solution because it takes me forever to download the Game even with my Cable modem...Speaking of Cable modem, does anyone know why my cable modem download at 56kbps on a Althon 1.3ghz as a opposed to my siters computer downloading at over 200kbps on a 400mhz computer from the same SOURCE

System Specs:
    System:
    AMD Athlon Processor
    1.33GHz
    256MB of RAM
    Windows XP Pro
    Direct X 9.0

Video Card:
    nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX400
    64MB of Ram
    Driver: 4.1.0.9

2. coderanger

coderanger

That error means that as the map was being processed, the position in the file somehow got to be above the end of the file. Try redownloading just that map.

3. rocafelladx

rocafelladx Thread Starter

ive solved the problem...by following the solution i came up...by redownloading
    the problem is fix and i urge people who is going to download the game not to use the mirror 3Dgamers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!