Assign Com Port To A Usb Device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aaron--g

there must be an application which allows me to assign a usb device to a com port. could anyone tell me where to find one?

valis

dunno of one off the top of my head, but I am curious as to why you would want to do that....

aaron--g

there is an app which allows me to use my w800i phone as webcam. but it only connects to a com port. it must be possible?

valis

well, are you using all your com ports? And I am sure that there is some sort of adapter to go from whatever connector you are using to a usb connector.

aaron--g

no its the other way round. i want to assign a com port to my usb device

valis

aaron--g said:
there must be an application which allows me to assign a usb device to a com port. could anyone tell me where to find one?
You sure?

valis

what type of adapter did your phone come with? USB? Or some other style? And if it's another style, what type of connector is it?

aaron--g

its a usb cable that came with my phone. i need to somehow set it up as a com port so i can use an app.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online