1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Assigning IP numbers by DHCP server is stopped

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by JohnP62, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnP62

JohnP62 Thread Starter

Hi,

We have a SBS2011 server who is performing perfect for over a year. Suddenly last week clients are losing their connection.
    It seems that the DHCP server is not distributing IP adresses any more. I have shut down the server and restarted it, stil no IP adresses distributed.
    The DHCP services are started without any comment. I have checked the DHCP-scope, it seems OK and is active.
    The only system that works is the TS, this system has a fixed IP setting. There are no other DHCP server active in the network.

DHCP-scope : 192.168.16.1 – 192.168.16.254
    Excluded : 192.168.16.1 – 192.168.16.9 and 192.168.16.200 – 192.168.16.250

Fixed IP adresses
    SBS 2011 server : 192.168.16.2
    TS server 2003 : 192.168.16.3
    ISP Router : 192.168.16.5
    Printer : 192.168.16.200

The last updates have been installed about 5 weeks ago, after that everything was working perfect.
    Since then there are no updates are other software installed, as far as we know. Autoupdate = off.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

2. srhoades

srhoades

Anything in the logs?

3. JohnP62

JohnP62 Thread Starter

Nothing about DHCP or LAN.

4. JohnP62

JohnP62 Thread Starter

At this time i have solved the DHCP problem as it seems.
    But there is another problem caused by the dhcp problem.
    Exchange is not running because there is a problem with the network enviroment.
    By running the wizzard for internet & mail there is at the end of the wizzard an error message.
    The wizzard could not be completed because of an exchange error, please run wizzard again.
    and here i get in a loop.
    The logs tell me dat the wizzard is aborted due to an IP Failure for internet/exchange.

Has anyone had this problem previously had at hand? and what was / is the solution

5. srhoades

srhoades

Have you changed the server IP or the router IP since the server was first setup?

6. JohnP62

JohnP62 Thread Starter

No, IP on the server and in the router are still the same.
    The configuration is as stated in the previous post.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084145

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice