1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

assistance please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RookDZollex, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RookDZollex

RookDZollex Thread Starter

My computer has been having difficulties lately so i performed a system scan with PC-Doctor and the following code appeared: HD535-12W
    What does this signify?

2. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

Your harddrive has a problem.
    The only thing I can say is backup everything and be prepared to buy a new harddrive.

There is no list of the error codes availible to the general public. You may be able to e-mail Support for the manufacturer of your computer and get an answer as to what the code means.

3. RookDZollex

Thanks for the info... even though it wasn't what i wanted to hear. Oh well time for a new computer lol

4. peck1234

peck1234

Please do an error scan with the attchment below and post a screenshot of your results...

If you have red blocks you need a new hardrive...

Attached Files:

5. RookDZollex

everytime i try to use the attachment it tries to use it with media player, plus I'm pretty sure i new a new computer this one is ancient XD

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    that means your assocations are muffed too... If you have winzip or winrar, open the program first, then open up the attachment there.

7. RookDZollex

I have never even heard of those programs XD Oh well it doesn't matter anymore at least not really. I'm investing in a new computer now anyways.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    WinZip and WinRAR are archival programs that compact files into one small file (think of the space saver bags :)) Usually Windows can handle .zip files, but with .rar files you would need WinRAR to exract the files.

Something for your new machine ;)

9. RookDZollex

Sweetness

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/867783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice