1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Assistance with setting up Account in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by znord737, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. znord737

znord737 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3884 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1718 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 154 GB (94 GB Free); D: 47 GB (47 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., K52F
    Antivirus: Avira Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I currently use Firefox as my Browser and it was suggested I should look at Thunderbird as a replacement for Windows Mail. Subsequently had a look at the features and facilities on Thunderbird and was impressed .

Downloaded it and commenced the set up proceedure.

I have two Email Accounts

I am currently Overseas "Greece" and have a local ISP "Otenet.Gr using IMAP

I have two Email Accounts the local one Otenet.Gr which works fine no problem

The 2nd one is Btinternet.com. This is the one I am having problems with. I can send a message to it but it will not fetch my messages at all .

The Thunderbird Programme has the facility to decipher what the email settings are for each server and those are the ones that I have used in setting up both accounts - as the Otenet.Gr worked ok I was assuming that the BTinternet one would as well but it doesnt.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.
    Znord737

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice