Associating a File Extension Default for All Users

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nonterrorist

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me with this issue I am having. I am trying to associate a certain file extension for all users on a computer, and when I do the 'open with' method of setting default programs it only saves to that one user. I am doing this on several different computers so I need help with how to do this for WinXP as well as Win7.

Thank you in advanced.

The "open with" is a per-user setting. You can't change it globally for all user accounts in a single process.
You must log-in to each user account in turn to change the default for a particular file-type.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online