1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus 13.3 in touch screen lap top

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by meljersey, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. meljersey

meljersey Thread Starter

i have a Asus 13.3 in touch screen laptop windows 8. I have had it for a few months now. I went to use it today and noticed the volume would not work. It is all the way up in the setting on my computer and the control on my screen help please! :D

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6027 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1984 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 455320 MB, Free - 417444 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Q302LA
    Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Updated and Enabled

2. ofir2006

ofir2006

Press start, in the search bar type "Device manager" and choose it, once your in go to Sound, video and game controllers tab, do you see your sound card? does it have anything there that shouldn't be, like a yellow question mark? and what is the sound card model?

3. meljersey

meljersey Thread Starter

After sounds video and game controllers it opens up into realtek hd definition audio. I'm not sure what the sound card is, but there are no yellow signs or anything that indicates something may be disconnected or malfunctioning. thank you so much for your time!

4. meljersey

meljersey Thread Starter

I actually when into properties to test the speakers and the speakers work. Which made me wonder if maybe the sound is only not working in the browser that I was using which was firefox. I opened something in internet explorer and it played sound! super exciting, just curious why it would only not play sound in fire fox? thank you!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149403

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice