1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ASUS A7n8x deluxe 2.0 USB problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by muellerj, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. muellerj

muellerj Thread Starter

I have ASUS a7n8x deluxe MB, WinXP Pro.

I have all of a sudden lost USB. None of the ports work. I am using the ports on the I/O panel, and the internal header for a Flash memory reader. All worked fine, until the other day. I did not mess with any settings in BIOS or Device manager. Device manager shows USB devices to be working properly. However my mouse and media reader will not work. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but with no results. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

2. dai

dai

go into the device manager and delete all of the usb items
    then click on the monitor icon at the top to scan for h/w changes and windows will reinstall

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Go into the control panel/device manager. open universal serial bus controllers and uninstall everything there. Then reboot, and let windows reload the devices. Then try plugging in a USB device.

Also, press f8 when booting, enter the bios, check the settings for the USB ports.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

dai beat me to it.

5. muellerj

muellerj Thread Starter

I had already tried to remove the USB drivers and let Windows find new hardware with no success. However this time I tried two diffent things.

1) I have a ATI 9600 wiht Remote Wonder, which show up under USB devices, this time I uninstalled that as well.

2) After windows found the new hardware, i plugged in a USB key.

Not sure what was different but that's what solved my problem

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!