ASUS A7N8X Mobo Installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

escrivner

My son purchased the new Asus A7N8X motherboard for the home computer. We imaged the hard drive and installed the new motherboard. Also we purchased an additonal stick of 256 meg of DDR Ram to bring it up to 512.

When we installed the new motherboard and booted the darn thing, it no longer recognized the HDD's. We used a boot disk and reinstalled the HDD image to the C:, no luck.

We reinstalled the older mobo and it everything works great. Are we facing a reformat and reinstall of everything? Or is there a slick way around it?

Ed Scrivner

Do the bios even recognize the drive????

I would think a reinstall will be in order as your changing to a motherboard with a different chipset than the previous, nforce2 versus the older machine, but, the bios should recognize the drive and it's full capacity

I have ordered that motherboard but it hasn't arrived yet.

Did you enter bios setup and manually detect the drive if it's not being recognized by the bios????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online