1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus A7V333 - are the IDE cables supposed to be so loose?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cindyoh, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cindyoh

cindyoh Thread Starter

ok, it's my first build, everything's going smoothly until I try to plug in the hard drive to the mobo, using the cable provided, blue on the mobo end, black on the hd end. It fits on there, all right, making sure it's the right way and the missing pin aligned and all, but it doesn't, like, plug; it just sort of rests there. The slightest jostle and it falls right off. Both the hard drive end and the mobo end are like this. I know I'm doing something wrong, if this is right they're both gonna fall right off when I set the case upright. I'm more than likely being annoyingly stupid but please help. Thanks!

2. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:D Hello Cindy,

That's not normal. It should be a snug fit. There should be a tab on the cable end (near the center) that will fit into a notch on the mother board connector and hard drive. I suggest taking the hard drive out of the case then plug the cable into it so that you can see how it goes. The red stripe on the cable will be toward the power plug on the hard drive and with #1 on the mobo connector.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

3. cindyoh

cindyoh Thread Starter

kw, thanks for the reply. I was doing it correctly, just not pushing hard enough. It certainly is a snug fit; you have to push MUCH harder than I thought! Everything else has just seemed to slide right in. But it does, indeed, fit, albeit snugly. That's why I'm doing this, to learn, and I'm getting plenty of that! Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/103536

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice