1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

asus a7v333 motherboard help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PlUc, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PlUc

PlUc Thread Starter

hello there with my new mother boardeverything is good. The green light on the MoBo lights up and all. But when i push the power button, nothing. SOMETIMES it turn on, but it doesnt boot into bios, it just spins thefan on my volcano 9. i can stillopen the CD drive and all, but thats it

can anyone help..i read somwere else that about connecting risors? what wo9uld that be exactly...woud that be setting up the power button to turn ont he power onthe computer.???
    thains alot

2. zeddy

zeddy

You have connected the case power button up? There is a block on the bottom of the motherboard (at the end where the motherboard light is). Here are conectors for the power switch, reset switch IDE on off light and PC speaker. Make sure they are connected to by the various devices and the cables from your case.

3. milomorai

milomorai

when you installed the board did you make sure that it was set for jumperless operation? also try reversing the power switch connection on the motherboard and make sure that it is plugged into the correct spot. there are diagrams that came w/that board. are you getting any error messages? you can also go into the bios by hitting the default key as it starts to boot and make sure that everything is set to default.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

When you installed the board, did you disable the voice post? Why not plug some speakers in the second audio plug(rear speakers), enable voice post, and let the board tell you whats wrong... :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!