Asus A8V Deluxe help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PunkPyro912

ok well i got this motherboard and im not too much of an expert when it comes to clocks and stuff because i dont know if this is the right clock. in everest it says that the Front Side Bus clock (which is an AMD Hammer) is 200 MHz. I thuoght that it wuld be higher, but i might be talking about somethign different. it even says that the effective clock is only 200 MHz too. I thought that it would be like 800-1000Mhz but like i said this might be the wrong thing im talking about. Any help?

That is the correct bus. I am running the same board. The thing is very stable and a pretty good overclocker.

Make sure to disable the 2T setting in the CR or command rate in the bios. The ram you have will do 1T but not unless you set to do so. Disabling the 1T setting gives you considerably more bandwidth and speed.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Note that AMD 64 bit systems use something called HyperTransport instead of the traditional Front Side Bus. If you Google Hypertransport you should find more info on it.

PP, go into the bios, choose advanced, choose CPU settings, choose memory settings and then choose manual.

Then just for beginners try these settings.

CL 2.5 ( you might get 2 but try 2.5 first. XMS has a hard time with 2 in AMD 64 systems)

TRAS-6

TRP-3

TRCD-3

Now, scroll all the way to the bottom to 2T command, disable it. That will force 1t which Corsair XMS will do easily.

Do all these adjustments and then hit F-10 and accept the changes. The machine will boot. After the restart, open everest. Choose motherboard, choose chipset, choose northbridge AMD hammer IMC, scroll down to command rate (CR) and see if it is at 1T and report back here. If you have a memory bandwidth benchmark test run it before and after setting these settings. You will see at least 500 MBS and most likely a 700 MBS jump from 2T. :)

PunkPyro912

and there wont be any penalty to going to 1T rather than 2T which would seem to be better?

PunkPyro912

ok i went to everest and it says command rate is 1T. i set all the settings you told me to (CL, TRAS, TRP, TRCD) in BIOS and saved and exited. I just want to know how much this is gonna help my system, and also if there's any penalty to having the command rate set at 1T rather than 2T. Could you sorta explain to me all of this CL, TRAS, TRP, etc...cuz im not too much of an expert when it comes to ram...except for the faster the better...and the more you got the more you'll get (hehe). Only if you have the spare time though :)

LOL PP, if the machine booted and took the settings and is stable you are going to have to take my word for it. :p

Performance hit?? No f'n way. The settings I gave you will only enhance performance, never take away, not ever.

If you really want to see the difference you'd need sisoft sandra pro or some other benchmark that tests memory bandwidth. My memory bandwidth is crushing the latest Pentiums by a few hundred points to be nice. 1T is the best setting you can get out of an AMD 64 chip and board.

Believe what I am telling you or bench it and see. I am 100% right. :D Good to see you made 1T. (y)

PunkPyro912

hey i got another question regarding the Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard...i've heard of the cool n' quiet feature of this motherboard with 64-bit CPUs and i wanted to know what exactly it did. Also if i enabled it would there be any performance penalty to it? also how can i check if its already enabled?

Yes, there is a hit. Each board and cpu is different. Moxt of us extreme users keep it turned off.

PunkPyro912

is it a big hit...like noticeable? its not like my temps are bad...my CPU is abuot 94-102 when im doing normal stuff like instant messaging...listening to music and surfin the web (all at once) and will maybe peak like 105-109 when im playin games for a long period of time.....i was just wonderin..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online