1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus audio glitch

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Hamez658, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hamez658

Hamez658 Thread Starter

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8076 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 118 GB (71 GB Free); D: 931 GB (920 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GL503VD
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I have had this problem before but do not know how to fix it, this problem being that if for instance I am playing a game or watching YouTube and I get a message over steam and discord or I am in a discord call (or a sound that I think tries to combine or overlap sounds) audio glitches out with a short 3 second jitter of both sounds then all audio goes for an extra 4 seconds before it comes back but for discord calls it happens randomly.

The Story: I got a new computer downloaded only 4 things, steam, discord, chrome and CSGO. I had been playing a match of CSGO and speaking to my friends about my PC when all of a sudden audio glitched out and this happened a lot so I looked it up and fixed it(cant remember how something to do with device manager) so 2 years or so pass and my PC needs a reset so I do everything re-download things and the same audio glitch happens only this time I cannot fix it no matter what I try

What I have tried:
    • updating all audio drivers (all where up to date already)
    • disabling and enabling everything I could to do with sound
    • contacting ASUS (made the laptop) but they put me in a circle of nothing helpful
    Notes:
    • Yes I know I have windows defender I am in the process of getting a good worth while anti virus
    • my primary audio driver is "Realtek HD audio" and whenever I plug in earphones it comes up with its manager app and what I want to do with it but before I reset my PC I had stopped getting this pop-up

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Have you tried uninstalling the sound drivers and utilities. Rebooting the machine and let Windows re-detect and re-install them?

3. Hamez658

Hamez658 Thread Starter

I will try but I dont think windows recognises the audio drivers as there own so I doubt it will try reinstall them

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Manufacturers submit their drivers to MS so that Windows Update can install them.

5. Hamez658

Hamez658 Thread Starter

So I uninstalled the only audio driver and no that did not do it

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

7. Hamez658

Hamez658 Thread Starter

8. Hamez658

Hamez658 Thread Starter

I did see that sonic studio was on my pc but I do not use it and there are no drivers under the name sonic studio (Also I cannot see your reply but I can see it via gmail)

9. Hamez658

Hamez658 Thread Starter

This issue has not been fixed and I still require help

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!