1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus BIOS problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by shy_guy, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shy_guy

shy_guy Thread Starter

I just put together my computer yesterday and for some reason whenever I boot up, I get a message in the POST screen saying that there are no IDE drives attached to my Fastrack controller, and that my BIOS is not installed. I can still run XP, but the flash utility doesn't work when I try to use it. I have a P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard from Asus and running Pentium 4, 3.2ghz cpu. :confused: Thank you in advance.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The Fastrack issue is not a problem. Your motherboard has multiple IDE and SATA controllers. These have their own BIOS and thats what you are seeing. Its saying that you have no drives connected to this particular IDE controller which is most likely true. You may be able to disable the Fastrack COntroller altogether if you really want to in the BIOS or on the motherbaord with a jumper, or maybe not you'll need to refer to the motherboard manual.

As for the Flash Utility, what happens with it? Have you tried instaling the latest one from the ASUS website?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  4. shy_guy

shy_guy Thread Starter

Thanks for the help Triple, I really appreciate it. I'll try that newer version of the BIOS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice