1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Asus bios utility EZ mode startup - sign of death??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asuss06, Dec 5, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

i have an ASUS piece of garbage thats not even a year old - model X751N - that opened up today with a series of start-up errors. one was "Inaccessible Boot Device" and it tried repairing itself multiple times. then it opened up automatically in ASUS Bios Utility which i couldnt get out of. i looked online and found a way to get around it, but my overall question is, when im getting these errors and auto-repairing and bios utility...is this generally a sign that the laptop is a goner? i dont think i can trust this unit anymore. its running windows 10 if you need to know.

thanks for reading.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

this laptop was a new replacement given to me by ASUS only 8 months ago to replace another laptop only 9 months old that had 3 repairs done to it and then a total failure. two laptops in 17 months...its now out of warranty. i doubt this is just an issue with a setting or something like that so i was wondering if everything i described above is a sure sign that this laptop too is on its way out with a hard drive or motherboard issue.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

With what info I have, the hard drive would be my first guess.

To check, go into the BIOS and see if the hard drive is listed. If not, more than likely it's dead.

5. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

thats what i thought. thanks.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

7. Joe3979

Joe3979

I read few of your words about ASUS and by the way, ASUS only fit in the MB not a full laptop or PC thing. That is a first. The second thing as all of these errors happen in two cases. First ,if the BIOS is not updated and Win 10 version screw things out as well for making errors show up that way. Second, and is more important the HDD or SSD of your laptop. I think that you should think of any laptops but skip HP .Hope the issue fixed.

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Asus may allow a 12 months warranty on the replacement laptop, I would check that with Asus.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice