ASUS C302C Chromebook (Flipbook) damaged hinge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

teddymom

I have a 3 year old ASUS chromebook with a damaged R hinge. As you can see from the pic, it is crooked when closed, and creaks sometimes when I open it.
Also when I go to close it, it does not close properly.
The chromebook also has damaged charging ports (another post), so I'm wondering if it's time to buy a new one, or this one can be repaired.

Attachments

managed

Allan
teddymom : I moved your thread to the Hardware forum where it's more likely to get help.

I'm confused, if you were using the laptop would the damage be on the left or the right ?

Chances are the hinge itself is fine and it's the base or the lid which has damage where the screws through the hinge should screw in. If so you would probably have to replace the damaged part(s) although it might be possible to glue the metal parts that the screws go into back into place.

Without dismantling the laptop so the top and bottom sections of the hinge are visible it's impossible to say for sure.

teddymom

teddymom : I moved your thread to the Hardware forum where it's more likely to get help.

I'm confused, if you were using the laptop would the damage be on the left or the right ?
Thanks for moving the thread, Allan.
The hinge is on the right as I am using it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online